Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dealing with Dental Insurance Consultants-Documentation

When you're submitting claims/pre-d's for periodontal procedures such as scaling and root planing, osseous, grafts, you will clinically need both charting and raiographs However, you may not have to submit both. Some companies will require either radiographs or charting for periodontal procedures but not both. Check with the various carrriers you submit to to find out what they need. Don't submit more than you have to.

If you would like to post a subject and start a discussion, EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE

Visit us at The Huskin Group about our dental insurance and practice management services.

If you would like to subscribe to the RSS feed and be notified whenever this Blog is updated, click on the XML icon below for more information.


At 7:18 AM, Anonymous GP said...

Photos will often convince insurance companies that a soft tissues graft is necessary. Include the fact that the tooth is sensitive (if it is) so they don't deny based on cosmetics.


Post a Comment

<< Home